S7314 H/W Compilation error

johnmck66

S7314 H/W Compilation error
I have a guy on site trying to compile a hardware config.
Its coming back with

Download [-,0,2,-] number of fixed connections: value 9 is not within the range [0]

Anyone come across this one before ...please.

I'll take a guess that the problem is too many configured connections in NetPro.

I just ran a test, and I managed to setup 13 connections in NetPro, but it compiled OK despite that max 12 connections are supported by a 314 (*).
So I am taking another guess that the number of connections are checked upon download only.

*: This is a deficiency in STEP7 if you ask me. There is no check of if the project can run on the target CPU before you attempt a download. There is also no check of i/o image, number of timers etc.