Problems with Rslogix5

Autofabian

Does anyone have the same problem????

I have a Rslogix500 and Rslogix 5000 installed in my laptop(running windows XP SP2) but after installing the Rslogix5 that's when the problem comes up.
Every time that I start Rslogix 5, 500 or 5000 there's a windows installer pop up message saying waiting for window installer to configure for installation (but is already installed)and this message keeps repeating several times until finally the software is able to open. Does anyone know how to fix this problem???? I would like to have the 3 software installed in the same laptop.

I had a the same problem, I paid attention and located the file it was asking for, I believe it was for faceplates or something else on the 5000 install disk. Once I did that no more problems.

I get problems w/ Microsoft Office stuff like that from time to time. As Ken notes, finding the install CD that the installation wizard is looking for will normally fix the problem. There should be no problem running 5, 500 and 5000 concurrently. I do that on both my desktop and laptop.

I had the same problem, it only seemed to happen after I installed RSLogix 5 on my Dell laptop where RSLogix 5000 was already installed. It was as though the RSLogix 5 installation affected some common file used by RSLogix 5000. I got the installation disks and followed the prompts and everything is OK - I have RSLogix 5, 500 and 5000 all installed and working.

Tim.