The Brand IMO

lightninguk

Hello all

Has anybody used a PLC or HMI made by IMO ?? If so what do you think of them ?? I saw an advert for the brand in a UK wholesaler earlier today, It looks like they offer free programming software with their products.

Regards

Steve

Hi,

I couldn’t comment about their most recent products, but I did try them a few years ago and it wasn’t a very encouraging experience!

The software was buggy and of the 6 units I used, I had 2 units fail completely and output failures on 3 of the others after a relatively short time.

My advice would be to stick with better known brands. They’re usually a bit more expensive but generally more reliable. The most reliable brand in my experience is Mitsubishi. I’ve used literally hundreds and NEVER had to replace one. The only thing I would say is that their Windows software (in my opinion) is poor and irritating compared to their old (DOS based) Medoc software, which was excellent in its day. Omron and Allan Bradley software is much better but I have had some reliability issues with their PLC’s.

In the end, it’s up to you. If you intend to use them on ‘in-house’ projects, then it may be worth the risk. However, if your intention is to use them on OEM projects, your companies reputation is on the line if they prove to be unreliable.

Regards,

Anthony