Looking For Good Cost Effective HMI

ddnnis

I'm currently using the Allen Bradley 6" PanelView 600 Touch Screen connected to an A-B Micrologix 1500 PLC. I use this set-up on about thirty machine a year. I am trying to find a touch screen that is cost effective and has more bang for the buck. I've used the Omron NS and played around with a few others touchscreens. It appears that some of the HMI softwares are pretty well under developed, while others seem to be well developed. Just thought I'd get some other peoples opinions.

Thanks,
Dennis

Red Lion seems popular around here for that kind of application (bang for your buck for a single display).

Running a NEMA 4X touch screen industrial PC (Hope Industrial, Industrial Image, even AB) with a full HMI/SCADA package will get you the most capability by far. If you need multiple such interfaces, FactoryPMI is probably your best bet in terms of price effectiveness.

I've used IVCDispays on many projects. The 12" is less than $1200. The catch is that I program it in Visual Basic and use the open source driver for AB SLC/Micrologix. The advantage is what can be done with it (e.g. SQL server data read/write, charts). Probably a better fit for OEM style machine where you duplicate the same program many times.

Another vote for the G3.... but I also like the C-More

With 30 a year you should also be able to get a good break on the price with the G3

geniusintraining said:
Another vote for the G3.... but I also like the C-More

With 30 a year you should also be able to get a good break on the price with the G3

It all depends on what he needs for communications and whether or not he needs compact flash capabilities.

But if he is just going to use serial communications, and doesn't need to have memory card backups, it seems that the C-More panels are quite cheaper. Going by the list price of the G306 and the EA7-S6C-R.

Of course, G3 might have a lower option version that is more comparable to the basic 6" color of the C-More. In which case I'd be wrong.

The Redlion G3 has one very cool feature that I just realized this morning... I should have paid attention to the packing on the first one I opened.

The box in which the G3 is packaged can be opened up and then refolded to create a desktop mount to hold the G3 upright during configuration at your desk.

You may want to consider the H-series from Beijer. We promote the screens with our ePLCs and use them in developing applications for our customers.

They are inexpensive, comparable to the low end market of the 5.7" screens.

What sets them apart from just about every screen we have looked at is its powerful macro/scripting capabilities. You can do complex routines and functions within the screen itself.

More information can be viewed through our web site - www.entertron.com/touchscr.htm

If you are looking for an alternative for your current set up, we can also look at that for you as well.

Hope this helps.

God Bless,