Rssql populating a SQL table from CLX array?

smcmanus

What is the quickest way to populate a Table in SQL using Factory Talk Transaction Manager(Rssql) from an array of information in a ContolLogix Processor. I don't want to define Data Points for every element in the array.Do I have to create a stored Procedure? Thanks for your response.

My guess is that doing an array read should be built into RSSQL. The "What is the quickest way" part of that question throws me off a bit - like "What's the easiest way to raise a baby" or "quickest way to design a new microprocessor"...humm...the focus feels a little off.

I'd consider the following questions:
1. What are you going to do with the data? Do you expect to update a copy to view, save snapshots, edit the data, write it back to the PLC?
2. What triggers the transaction - periodically, PLC register goes high, user input from an HMI.
3. What's the goal here - Unless it's a regulatory data dump you probably have to get more specific.

The application is just a data dump. It triggers from an unscheduled event on change of value. I would like to make the last element in the array the trigger. Thanks.