PID Control for Inverter controlled motor

miketheb

Hi All

Has anyone used the PID function for controlling an inverter controlled motor to give set lengths of travel through a gearbox drive i.e.

Motor needs to run for say 10000 pulses (from an encoder using high speed input) and then come to a slow stop, the length dependant on the number of pulses.

Then repeat with pulses set by a programme register?

I assume it can be done and am about to try ~ any issues likely to cause a problem. PLC is Mitsi FX2N

Regards

Mike

Assuming your inverter does not have a positioning front end, you will need a single axis controller for your PLC. Take the speed and direction outputs to your inverter.

Similar Topics

I have S7 1512C controler for controlling 48 PID temperature loop, the output is PWM. Please I need the best, most efficient way to write the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm having trouble solving a problem I've been working on for several months, and thought you might like a stab at it. The machine runs...
Replies
Views
How can I connect PID Output to a valve. In ladder logic program is there any logic do I want to add between valve and PID? PV=SP What will be the...
Replies
Views
I am setting up control for Hypochlorite dosing. The easy part is the dosing calculation for flow pacing but I would also like to setup trimming...
Replies
Views
Hey guys! I'm a newbie in the control area, so I'm gonna drop some thoughts here... We want to control the opening of big silos (about 1900...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom