multimaster data exchange

tonny

Hi all

I`ve got 2 masters (S7 315-2DP, S7 316-2DP) on profibus, each with his own slave (also on the same profibus).
How can exchange data between the 2 masters?
Do i need special FB`s?

greetz
Tonny

Last edited:
Hello Tonny;

The easiest way, as long as the information exchanged between the masters is limited to 244 words Out/In would be to use a DP/DP coupler:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/1179382

This is a slave with 2 DP interfaces (and addresses), one for each master. You configure one interface as a slave to DP-master1, the other as slave to DP-master2, and whatever DP- master1 writes to his slave can be read by DP-master2 (also vice-versa).

There are other ways to do this, butr they requires either additional CPs, and programming. The DP/DP coupler is really the simplest configuration possible between 2 DP-masters.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier