SLC-500 Ver MicroLogix 1200

DaGoose

I have written a few BASIC programs for the SLC 5-02/04 units years ago, I have now got a MicroLogic 1200 that I have to write a program for. Is there any major difference that I should be aware of? I am not a programer at all, I dont even pertend to be, but I can SPELL PLC and that makes me the expert accodring to my boss. Do I use the same RSLOgic and RSlinks to access this thing like I did with the SLC? Any help or advice would be appreciated very much.

The unit will be very familiar. Just read up on the function files. There is where some of the added capabilities in high speed counting and other stuff lie.

If the ML1200 is series C or later it will have floating point files, earlier models did not have floating point.

The biggest difference is no online editing for the ML1200.

Do your best and if you stumble, come here for help.

Thanks for the help. I will be diving into this mess this Sat. I have until Monday to get it back runing with the Micro. I have my fingers crossed, if this works, I will be shouting with joy and you folks in the Carolinas will here me.