HONEYWELL XCEED system programmed with AB software... need help.

Shipton

Hey everyone.

My plant uses a compressor network controlled with a Honeywell Xceed system, programmed in what I understand to be RSLogic and PanelBuilder.

We usually have AB do the programming for us, but we're trying to move it in house. They have sent both the panelview and processor software to us thanks a software agreement, so I have .PBA and .RSS files.

What programs do I need to open these files, and where do I start?

The .RSS file extension indicates a RSLogix 500 project and the .PBA extension is Panelbuilder 32 (though part numbers for the components, especially the Panelview, will confirm it).

Ah, thank you for finally confirming my suspicions.

What are the difference? The RS Logix controls the PLCs that control the compressors, and the PanelView is merely the program that allows the panel to interact with the PLC, right? Or am I way off?

Where can I go to learn about these topics?

Shipton said:
Ah, thank you for finally confirming my suspicions.

What are the difference? The RS Logix controls the PLCs that control the compressors, and the PanelView is merely the program that allows the panel to interact with the PLC, right? Or am I way off?

Where can I go to learn about these topics?

true. you can get some basic training on the plcs by following the link "Learn PLCs" at the top of this webpage. Or check with your local Allen Bradley distributor for classes; may be required for the Panelbuilder. But you are in a good position of having a working system in front of you (the compressor) and you can follow how the OEM did their logic and HMI interaction. It'll require some study time on your part. If you get stuck, you can post specific questions here and you'll get some pretty fast help.