Siemens Online Hardware Config

JOLTRON

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,

I have been given a program for a machine that we have. I went up to the machine and compared all the blocks. I took all the ones that did not match and made them so.

Then I wanted to check the hardware config. I try to go online and it tells me it doesn't match, from that point there are 2 options. Use current for diagnoses or upload config to PG. I picked upload, I couldn't see any differences that jumped right out at me. And I couldn't save the online config to my project.

Any ideas???

The few posts I have read all deal with uploading and saving FC's, FB's and so on.

Thanks for any information you can give.

I contacted the builder and they say the copy I have was the origianl :(

He's talking about the Hardware Configuration, not the code.

Joltron, this is a fairly common message, and usually comes up when the installed hardware has a slightly newer version number than what is in your hardware catalog. In fact, it happened to me yesterday when I interfaced to a machine with a 343-1 card. Even though I have the latest hardware catalog updates, the version number was newer than what I have in the catalog.

If this isn't a new machine and the version numbers are not recent, try updating your catalog and see if the message goes away.

Of the blocks I compared only 4 of the FC's didn't match. I didn't bother comparing db's.