Any Old Omron Folks Around? C20

TAP62

I have an Omron C20 PLC in a shoe manufacturing machine. We lost the program but have purchased an Eprom from the original machine builder. We have followed the instructions and installed the Eprom on the board, set the dip switches correctly, but we still cannot get the program to load from the Eprom. Any Suggestions , I'm running out of soul.....

I dont see much option.
1.The EEProm is empty
2.Trun the power off take out programming console if you have,turn the power on again.
The PLC should load the program.
Last time I touch C** PLCs was 15 year ago.
I was looking in the book I didn't see any rezone.
Maybe the PLC damaged.

TAP62 said:
I have an Omron C20 PLC in a shoe manufacturing machine. We lost the program but have purchased an Eprom from the original machine builder. We have followed the instructions and installed the Eprom on the board, set the dip switches correctly, but we still cannot get the program to load from the Eprom. Any Suggestions , I'm running out of soul.....

Since the original machine builder had an Eprom of the program, maybe he has a paper printout of the program that he could send you by fax or e-mail. If you get that I'm pretty sure you could get another PLC (different brand or newer model) and get the program re-written to get you going.

Not sure what "instructions" you are referring to, but
have you looked at the Omron W175 manual.

Sections 2-3 and 2-4 cover the Eprom install and dip switch setting information. You will need to know the memory size of the Eprom chip in order to properly set the jumper inside the processor.

Hope this will help.