ContolLogix5000 & GSE 663 Scale

SCTbird92

I am trying to communicate with the Scale via Ethernet.
Has anyone done this before? Looking for some help.

TIA

Morgan

I've used the Devicenet module mutliple times with great success for the GSE Scales. Is the Ethernet option on the GSE Ethernet/IP or TCP/IP?

Ethernet/IP.

I can "see" the Scale on RSNetworx.
I can get to the GSE Web Server in the Scale.
I downloaded the .txt file from GSE to set up the Ethernet Option.

I wanna point a Tag to the Registers I need through RSLogix5000.

TIA

Morgan

Last edited:
By "see" do you mean you have the correct EDS file for Ethernet/IP. I had to contact GSE directly to have them e-mail me their .eds file for their deivcenet card option. They do have a technote page on their website and tech support is decent but you have to find the right person. I'm afraid I can't help you out any further then this point.

SCTbird92 said:
I am trying to communicate with the Scale via Ethernet.
Has anyone done this before? Looking for some help.

TIA

Morgan

Does this scale support AB Ethernet I/P?

I have been confused by this before, just because a device has Ethernet, does not mean it will show up in Contrologix in the I/O tree.

LJBMatt said:
Curly. He replied above that the option card comm is Ethernet/IP which is what AB uses.

When you look at the specs on the GSE 663, it supports Ethernet with no mention of Ethernet I/P, only Modbus TCP/IP.

Unless this is a new card that has not made it to the literature
yet