Wonderware v7.1.002.0125

OkiePC said:
How do I export the tag database? Prefereably to csv Our app uses the ABTCP driver Thanks in advance,Paul

Version 7.1 should have a utility in the Wonderware program group called DB Dump and DB Load. You use DB Dump to dump your current databsae into a csv file that you can read with a text editor or excel(my favorite). You can then make modification as needed to the database and use DB Load to load the db back into wonderware.

Don't forget to change the :MODE=ASK on the very top to =REPLACE, =UPDATE or your database will ask you about each tag you modified from the original. There are other modes you can use but these are the most widely used. I prefer REPLACE.

OkiePC said:
Thanks for the quick reply. Will the above method give us the PLC addresses associated with PLC tags?

Thanks again,
Paul

Depends on the setup. If you have a Server/Client system and each client is running it's own application (Server is acting as a data server only) doing a DBDump of the client will reference the tag name within the server which holds the appropriate data. If you do a DBDump of the Server, the associated PLC address will be listed.

Nevermind, we went to the machine and tried it, and the csv had more than everything we needed...

It worked like a champ, although there was no button in windowmaker, we found it by exploring the C:\Program Files\FactorySuite area...

Thanks
Paul

OkiePC said:
Nevermind, we went to the machine and tried it, and the csv had more than everything we needed...

It worked like a champ, although there was no button in windowmaker, we found it by exploring the C:\Program Files\FactorySuite area...

Thanks
Paul

Paul, it's not in windowmaker, it is in the Intouch application manager. The one you open to select which file you want to open with windowmaker. They are greyed out because I don't have any apps definied, but note the D-B- blocks going in and out of the box in the toolbar:

intouchapp.JPG

Yes, at work today I had no time to formulate a thorough reply.

We had to extract the plc to wonderware cross reference on a win98 machine with no app manager icon or shortcut in the normal places

We explored to program files and found dbdump.exe first and bypassed the program manager...

As you can tell I am a wonderware virgin.

It's getting replaced with IFix, and the integrator was leaving after today to go back to Pennsylvaina. We had a lot of ground to cover in four days, and we were unprepared.

Our team leader arranged the visit, wrote the scope of work (which I still have not seen) and dumped this in our laps Monday.

I thought the dude was gonna come in and gather electrical prints and we would simply copy our offline backups, but several other outside contractors had made edits to the three systems over the last ten years, some of which were not known to be adequately backed up (two on Fix32, one on WW).

Which is pretty much how it went, but we had to sort through thousands of electronic files (some were drawings converted TIF format yuck) to figure out what was current and accurate, then use floppy disks to suck the brains out of one of the machines which had a dead ethernet port, no usb port driver (NT 4.0)!

We used a laptop and share folder to copy the other two which are also not on our controls LAN.

It took three trips and a total of about 20 3.5"floppies because I could only find and format about that many, and we kept having to go back to get more data.

The integrator is a WW virgin too, so it was up to me to ensure the invisible goals were met, but tomorrow is a new day and next week I am on vacation...

At least when they get done we'll have modern PCs and the ability to manage our refrigeration systems going forward.

Thanks, Robert, and especially the first reply which saved me at least 30 minutes of guessing...

I owe you all a beer!

Paul

I am new member of forum, I very like topic with Intouch and IO Server. I don't known IO Server to used PLC'MITSUBISHI and connect PLC'Mitsubishi with Intouch.
Could you let me have any leterature on IO Server and Intouch ?
Thank you .