Interface with a 1794-IE4XOE2 in RSLogix 5000

odogg311

I have never worked with a flex logix remote i/o module before and noticed that the data type for the analog output modules is a DINT, where as for a controllogix analog output its a REAL. I found the manual for this card but it only shows examples using PLC3-5 with block reads and writes etc. Can't i just sent my analog output value to the FlexIO:0:O.Ch0OutputData integer. Or do i have to do all this block transfer ****? And if i can just send values to that tag do i have to do some preconversion before had because the value i want to write to it is a REAL and the card output is a INT.

Any help or example coding or manuals where they do this in RSLogix 5000 would be very helpful,

thanks

You don't need to use Block transfers for that, just put your value in the Channel Output tag.
These tags are INT, so you need to convert your REAL value to INT.
A nice way to do this conversion, scaling also the output value to the correct range for the module, is to use an ADD-ON instruction you may find in Sample Code website from Rockwell.

Here the LINK

scp_example1.JPG

At page C-2 of the manual in the LINK the range of the channels.

Hope this helps...

- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/font]

Last edited:
One other thought though, what about going the other way taking the INT type analog inputs and scaling them correctly for the input range and converting to REAL?

You may use the same scaling instruction...

Input - Input Channel address
Input Min - 0
Input Max - 30840 (check if this value is right for input channel range)

Scaled Min - 0.0
Scaled Max - 10000.0 (example of floating engineering units)

Output - RealInputTag (your tag scaled and converted in real to use in PLC program)

- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/font]