PanelView Plus 1250 and Remote I/O (RIO)

ogimoj

I'm in the process of converting a PV 1000e project for use on a PanelView Plus 1250. Unfortunately, I don't have the PV+ for testing, but I need to get the project as close to ready-to-run as possible. I've done these conversions before, so I'm fairly comfortable with the overall process, but have one question:
I have a number of multi-state indicators that use 2 - 3 bits from a block transfer for their state. So, in my enhanced PV, the addresses were (for example):
B06 04/00-04/02
B06 04/03-04/05
B06 04/06-04/07
There are too many of these to give them their own word (or byte) in the block transfer, I need to keep them "bit-packed" like they are.
Can the PV+ address 2-3 bits in a word directly like this and assign them to a tag that I can use for the data source for my multistate indicators, or am I going to have to write a macro to mask and bit-shift every tag into it's own analog memory tag?
I was hoping to be able to do something like:
[PVRIO]B6 04/00-04/02
[PVRIO]B6 04/03-04/05
etc...
But, without the ability to test before hand, I don't know if it's going to work, and I won't have time later to creat the monster macro that will parse it all out for me.
Thanks,
John

The PV Plus will not do those bit arrays. But what you could do is use the word and the decimal value of the bits you want out of that word. Example: A multi-state indicator using bits 8 and 9 of B7 3. {[PVRIO]B7 3} & 768 would be your tag to use bits 8 and 9 of B7 3. When setting up the states of the object assign the value of state 1 to 256 (bit 8) and state 2 to 512 (bit 9).

A separate object could be tagged {[PVRIO]B7 3} & 48 to use bits 4 and 5.

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of...
I've already started doing something similar to what you suggested. I'm using the bitwise &, like you said, but also bit-shift right (>>) so that I don't have to go through and change all the state values.

The more I work with PanelView Pluses, the more I feel they should have been called PanelView MINUS!

Thanks again.

Well then, there is the old multiplexing style of pushing more info through RIO than what is actually available. The PLC monitors the screen that the PV+ is currently at and uses that information to choose the set of data that is transferred over. Some PV+ tags will have the same address but will be differentiated by the screen they are located on.