TP177 Micro and S7-200

G-Hawk

Hi guys!.. I'm new here and also new in using Touch Panel.

Because of that I have some question I hope you can answer.

a) I'm able to setup TP177 communication settings (Baud Rate: 19200; Communication Type: MPI; TP address: 1; PLC address: 2.) but how I can do the same on the PLC side? (I only can setup Port0 or Port1 settings).

b) There is a list of steps that I need to do to communicate the TP and the PLC?... if so where can I get it?

c) How, Where can I see that the Panel is in communication with the PLC?... I mean I run communications and I can find only the PLC on address 2, i click to PLC tryin to find the TP177 inside the components that are attached to the PLC but I see only the EM253 module and the Extra I/O Module that I have connected already to my PLC.

I will appreciate any information that you can give me...

Thanks!

Thanks Kid Blue!... I'll look forward to that... anyway just for my knowledge once I do that what is ogin to happen?... I mean where I'm going to realize that everything is OK?...

Try creating a few test tags on one of the screens (maybe a push button or numeric display) and point them to an address in the PLC (i.e M0.0 or VW0).

When you download and run, you should see no errors displayed on the screen and valid data in your numeric display (for example).

Hope this helps.

Sorry... maybe I didn't explain myself correctly. What I meant to know was if there is someplace or procedure I can do to verify that connection is OK?... that before I run the PLC and see that TP is not working?