Eplan Panel Layout Questions

Sinan Hiasat

Hello,

Sorry to post Eplan questions in a PLC forum... but I found no alternatives;

The questions:
1-Is there a way to place a complete terminal strip in the panel layout with one shot instead of multiple-place the individual terminals? (It gets really frustrating in big PLC projects!)

2-What is the correct way to place parts vertically (e.g. on a vertical rail)? I tried to vertically multiple-place terminals by manipulating the options in the 'Dialog Settings: Panel layout', but I am not getting it right; Eplan seems to hold the dimensions from the part data for mounting and only rotates the graphical macro to the vertical position resulting in incorrectly spaced vertical terminals! (you can see the non-rotated rectangle representing the active mounting dimensions if you select(highlight) the vertically placed part).

Regards,

Sinan

Hi Sinan,

What version of EPlan are you using ? There were issues with vertical parts placement in older versions.

As for the placement of a terminal strip in one shot, this is something we've been asking and is under way, but not available at this time.

If you have an API license, I have developped an EPlan add-on that allows such placement.

Regards

We use the Phoenix Contact "Clip Project", to create all our terminal strips, then we just import them into Eplan. Maybe the brand of terminals you use, also has a software to create the terminal stips.

Thanks for the replys!

Many thanks for the replys;

Mrlucmorin:
-I am using Eplan P8 version 1.7 (I guess its one of the older versions you've mentioned!)​
-We do have an API license, can I try your add-on?​

nonuke:
-We started using Phoenix Contact's terminals lately and I'll start with the "Clip Project" software soon enough; but i thought it can create the terminal strips as 'data' not mount them on the panel layout! If it does, I think it will be great. I'll try it and see what happens.​

Again, thanks for replying :)

Sinan