PLC-5 to ControlLogix PID Control

Nick D

Good afternoon all,

I'm having trouble converting PID functions from PLC-5 Enhanced to ControlLogix.

The error says:
Error: Rung 29, PID, Operand 0: Invalid data type. Argument must match parameter data type.

This error is flagging a mismatch in the PID structure data type.

From what I have read in the instruction help in Logix5000, the PID field needs to be DINT. After translating my program, I've noticed that the translated control word is in fact DINT but the error still exists.

Do I need to set up new arrays to hold this information and manually perform move functions between the new arrays and the translated ones whenever dealing with PID functions?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Nick D

Similar Topics

Hi everyone i have a customer, who wants to show an alarm on the machine, if the I/O forces are enabled and set, on at ControlLogix L81E with...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I am currently trying to communicate ControlLogix PLCs via EtherNet/IP with Delta V DCS. There is a VIM2 card configured for...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, been trying to figure this one out for awhile now. The system configuration is as follows: Processor is an L63 5563 ControlLogix...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've recently tried to upgrade my PLC controller from a L72 to L84ES and everything seemed to work, all buttons and screens as far...
Replies
Views
On my laptop I have an old.acd file with important comments in it. The file was modified and downloaded to my AB-1756 long time ago. Later a few...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom