Alspa c80-35 Modbus on Proficy ME

maclood

I'm looking for some help with an old Alspa C80-35.

I've purchased the Proficy ME sofware and I have uploaded the programme from the PLC. I have now added all the symbols to the programme and I'm ready to start making changes. I have an HMI and a modbus telemetry system so the comms are set for RTU/SNP. The CPU is a IC693CPU341 and the comms module is a IC693CMM311.

My first question is. When I download this programme, will it still work or will I have issues with comms and the modbus.

Secondly. How do I look at the modbus comms setup in Proficy ME. The existing modbus starts at %Q00200 and %R01200 but I can't see anywhere that this is set or what range is available to me.

Any help would be good. Thanks

I don't know if there is anything in the Alspa firmware that would make it incompatible with a program created with Proficy ME. The fact that you were able to upload from the PLC to Proficy ME is promising. What programming software does Alspa use? Is it available to you?

The PLC is a Modbus slave, so you should not have any trouble with Modbus communications. That is all handled in the configuration of CMM311 module. Open up the hardware configuration in Proficy ME to see the details for each port.

I've been through all the config pages but I couldn't see anywhere that I can select or change a range of addresses to be used for modbus. I'm new to GE Fanuc so it might be something simple i'm overlooking.

There is nothing you need to do regarding addresses. Modbus register addresses in the 4xxxx range correspond to %R addresses in the Alspach. Modbus 3xxxx addresses correspond to %AI addresses. Modbus 1xxxx addresses correspond to %I addresses, and Modbus 0xxxx addresses correspond to %Q addresses.

You said:
The existing modbus starts at %Q00200 and %R01200 but I can't see anywhere that this is set or what range is available to me.
I'm not sure what you mean by that.