dh485 communication

GGH

I'm new to AB so Bare with Me please.
I always have problem connecting to AB PLC with DH485 communication and no prblem connecting to the same plc with df1 communication. I have a micrologix 1500 PLC and I'm trying to connect to it with 1761 cbl pm02 cable and when i try to auto configure in RSlinx i get an error and also when I try to download to a panel view 300 micro PLC with the same cable I get an error.does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

If your ML1500's comm port is configured for DH485 then you will need to use the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver in RSLinx. Delete the DF1 driver, then configure the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver. You must have a real serial port to use this driver. You can default the ML1500 to its default communication by pushing in its comm. toggle button (see PDF below)
What is the complete catalog number of your PV?

2711-m3a19L1, we got this machine with a dead screen, I ordered the same screen, I found the program on a disk in the panel. I tried downloading the program i kept getting errors. the screen comm setting was set up to df1 so i changed the firmware to df1 and I could download the program with no proplems. I connected the screen to the machine and i kept getting offline message on the screen. I checked the PLC program on the disk and found out it's set to dh485 communication. I tried connecting to the Plc to change the communication to df1 but kept getting erros.thats where i'm stuck don't know what to do.

GGH said:
2711-m3a19L1, we got this machine with a dead screen, I ordered the same screen, I found the program on a disk in the panel. I tried downloading the program i kept getting errors. the screen comm setting was set up to df1 so i changed the firmware to df1 and I could download the program with no proplems. I connected the screen to the machine and i kept getting offline message on the screen. I checked the PLC program on the disk and found out it's set to dh485 communication. I tried connecting to the Plc to change the communication to df1 but kept getting erros.thats where i'm stuck don't know what to do.

Follow the direction in the PDF I posted above ( tis will get you online using the DF1 driver) then change the comm port config for your ML1500 to DF1.

Auto configure with DH-485

You mentionned that you tried "autoconfigure" when trying to configure the DH-485 driver...

I would just like to add that "Autoconfigure" DOES NOT work with DH-485.... One must know the parameters and enter them manually ...

I have usb (df1) 1747-uic unit to connect to the plc and it works ok. what do i use the rs232(dh485) connection for, what kind of cable i need for this? anyone know

The 1747-UIC is a USB to DH485 converter. Its used to connect to devices that have been configured for DH485 protocol.