SLC 5/05 vs. NET-ENI on WonderWare

Fitz

Hi, I have an existing system with two SLC 5/03's that have 1761-NET-ENI's providing Ethernet comms to WonderWare through a switch. I would like to upgrade the 5/03's to 5/05's and eliminate the NET-ENI's.

My question is - will the WonderWare driver need to be changed, or will it make no difference to it?

Thanks for any help.

Depends on what driver is being used? Is it the DASABCIP driver or is it using RSLinx? I can tell you that if using the DASABCIP driver with a SLC 5/05 natively (added in vers 4), do not address SLC I/O addresses directly from WW. They don't line up and use some funky word shift algorithm, such that the item in WW will be completely different than the SLC address. If using RSLinx, it will be painless. Just redefine the DDE topic in linx to point to the SLC instead of the ENI. If some 3rd party driver like kepware, then I don't know.

Thanks for the reply.

I am not sure what driver is being used, but I know it is a WW driver, not RSLinx.

I suppose I could install RSLinx on the PC if that would make things easier.

If your driver is Kepware Allen-Bradley Ethernet(CSPv4), then no change is needed. If Ethernet/IP was used, the only way I know to do it is to recreate it using Allen-Bradley Ethernet. It's not as bad as it might seem. Just create a new device, export the tags from the old device to a CSV file and import them to the new device.

Never worked with kepware, but if you can do it, change your 5/03 Net-Eni copuple with a 5/05 , for one reason that i do not know i missed my link to the processor but not to the eni, what that means is that you can not get data from the 5/03, solution, create a new eni link witha ip address different from the one with the problem but close enough to change it to the original very fast, then delete original eni link and while deleting it change the new one to the original ip address and my problem is solved, that happend with rslinx enterprise and view se once in while every one or two months, since i replaced my 5/03s the problem dissappeared at all.