DVT 535 barcode reader

JOLTRON

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,

Wondering if anyone uses DVT cameras. I got a DVT 535 camera and using Intellect 1.3.1 software. The cameras are setup to read a 2D matrix and send the information back to a S7-300 PLC thru the etherner net card.

The communication is working. My issue is, The first time the cam reads the data and sends it to the PLC it is at BYTE 0 of my data block. Alright sweet it's working.... wait a minute the next part run thru sends the information to BYTE 47, next time BYTE 97, next time starts at BYTE 0 but only has half of the string.

My question is does the DVT cam store the old data and stack the next cycle on top of it until it runs out of bytes then wraps back around.

I don's see any scripts running, so i figured it would just read the barcode then send the information to the PLC.

Have a call into tech support but no call back yet :(

Thanks for any help.

I am using a trigger.

I the receive area I specify I want 20 bytes of data. Which is the length of the bar code I am reading. But the Data Block isn't showing data being read in until 10 cycles are ran.

It seems like it is waiting till there aro 200 bytes of information before it recieves it.

Unless the cam is waiting for 200 bytes to send.

Any ideas on this.

Working on it for 3 days and neither tech support can help me at the moment :(

Thanks,

Clear your data block in you PLC after a ready. It may be adding the new data to your previous scan data. I have seen the in a SLC. After a serial read command I would perform a CLR command to reset the buffers.

I currently have it clearing right before it receives the data. I got to the point of having my PLC always receiving on that channel. I go thru and tell my camera to cycle and PLC says no data to read. After cycling cam 10 times it finally receives data. So I'm thinking something in the DVT is waiting till it has 200 bytes (characters) of information before it sends info out. But I don't know about these DVT's so i'm waiting on another call back from tech support.

Oh well.

Found multiple issues with my setup.

They were using the wrong communication type on the camera end.
Were not sending and /r/n at the end of the string.
They had the AG_RECV accepting 153 bytes when only 22 were needed.
I think the reason for this is without the /r/n there is some sort of buffer somewhere that holds teh data until it hits 200 bytes then sends it to the recieve file.
It was acting very strange and hard to explain.