compact logix 5000 flash problem?

bigrthanur

Hello!

I am having a problem flashing my processor. I have a compact logix processor L 32 Ve or something like that, brand new out of the box.

Anyway I connected serial and established my IP addy of 10.0.0.20. When i try to connect through ethernet to update my sofware revison. I get nowhere! i can connect through ethernet but I time out when i do a control flash.

Does anyone have an suggestions. Or let me know the eisiest way to establish a new IP. Currently I use module configuration through links.

bigrthanur said:
Hello!

I am having a problem flashing my processor. I have a compact logix processor L 32 Ve or something like that, brand new out of the box.

Anyway I connected serial and established my IP addy of 10.0.0.20. When i try to connect through ethernet to update my sofware revison. I get nowhere! i can connect through ethernet but I time out when i do a control flash.

Does anyone have an suggestions. Or let me know the eisiest way to establish a new IP. Currently I use module configuration through links.
Use Boot TP and assing an IP adress to your L32E.
Setup your laptop/pc with another IP address. Both must be on the same subnet (255.255.255.0 or similar).
Once you are done with Boot Tp select "disable Boot TP" on your processor prior to closing the utlility.
After that, try the flash utlility.
Once the flashing is done, you will lose you assigned IP address to the L32E since it starts from scratch.
Ethernet is the way to go for flashin.
Serial will take forever.\\
And once you start the "flashing" do not stop or disconnect the power to the L32E or it may become a brick.
Good luck.