PLC 5/15 Logic Documentation

Malti

Hi All,

When connecting to a customer's PLC 5, How can I upload the documenation with the logic???? I have no problem uploading logic but what about the documenation???? Please help.

Annotation stays with the PC file (will be <something>.RSP). the PLC does not store any descriptors. If you don't already have the original RSP file, you'll have to use the control drawings for the real I/O descriptions and internals will be a guess unless there is a old plc ladder listing laying around.

I was scared of that; am afraid I will have to sweat this one out as there's no backup available. Thanks for your quick reply.

If the logic was written by someone with experience, you'll see patterns on how they handle real world devices. I would start by filling in the address descriptions for indicator lights and push buttons. By following the cross reference to those devices, you'll start to see how sections of the code are dedicated to the functionality of those devices.

Any contractor/programmer who has been in this business any length of time is faced with your same scenario on a reoccurring basis and all you can do is be patient and work through it methodically.