Novice in PLC field

jcamron

Hi Folks,

I have recently completed basic PLC course from New Jersey institute of Technology. Anyone knows a good book for advanced programming or a hands on training school in New Jersey. NJIT do not offer advanced PLC courses.

I am using LogixPro 500 software and having trouble with bottle line simulator. I could not write a program to divert Large bottles to the lower conveyor and broken bottles to the grinder. I would really appreciate; If an instructor or a student can guide me to the right direction. Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
James Camron

It has been a long time since I have playing with the logixpro simulator. The best that I can remember, you will have to use a bit shift left or bit shift right. I know that you have a sensor detecting large, small, and broken bottles. I believe you have to use a bit shift for all these sensors, then follow the bottles to the location where you want to drop them and look to see what bit is true, then reference that bit to open the drop door or whatever output you need. Like I said its been a while. Hope this helps

Hi Bob,
Thank you very much for this great PLC resource. I would suggest every one to browse through this link for basic and/or advanced PLC review.

Camron