RSLogix 500 v 6.00.00

zwillhoite

Hello,

I'm new to this board and i'm having some troubles with RS Logix 500 v.6.00.00. As a background i work for a public transit agency, with about 300 buses, and probally around half of those use Allen Bradley SLC 5/01 PLC's with the 1747-PIC.

Anyway, with the last round of security updates that microsoft put out, we upgraded the laptop that had the RSlogix installed to SP3, and promptly found out that we could no longer talk to the PLC. So after trying to uninstall and reinstall the software to no avail, we removed SP3 and installed SP2 to try again, and still are not able to get it to work. In RSLogix we get the error "Diagnostic Status Failed 0x7". RSLinx seems to work but cant seem to see the PLC (althought it will see itself).

Any ideas?

regardless of any temporary workaround that you might be able to come up with, you should invest in a 1747-UIC ... the PIC should be retired ...

Last edited:
All we have are the 1747-PICs, and with the way things are going these days it dosent look like we will have the money to upgrade at all.

There are many issues that prevent PIC driver to work with XP... you have to check in your RSLinx configuration.
Here a LINK to a Rockwell Technote that gives some indications for troubleshooting.

Also be sure to correctly uninstall SP3 (it is not yet supported by Rockwell Software products)

LINK

Hope this helps...

- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/font]

1747-pic

Assuming you have no issues with uninstalling SP3 sucessfully which as stated in a previous post does have issues with the driver, I have never had any trouble using the 1747-PIC driver as long as I checked the box...."Reserve COM port for exclusive use by this driver"

kolyur said:
Just curious zwillhoite, but what part of the bus is the PLC controlling?

Mostly body functions such as lights, doors, brake interlock and stuff like that. the engine and transmission have their own electronic controls.

Is this the New Flyer fleet at Pierce Transit ?

The Knowbase has some weird terms and conditions that affect posting the subscription-only content. Send me your e-mail via a Private Message and I'll mail you a copy of that technote.

In my experience, installation of SP3 via "Windows Update" has more problems (failures of components and sub-components) than getting the whole thing as a download. I read on TechRepublic a while ago some hints about getting the entire download.