Ascii To S7200

TATE

Can Anyone Advise Please. I Have Installed A S7200 With A Td200 Hmi, And Have Been Asked To Install A Bar Code Reader Through A P.c. Can A S7200 226cpu Talk To A P.c. Using Ascii, And What Hardware/ Software Do I Need. Also Would I Need Training, Or Is It Quite Simple To Program, I Am Conversent With Ladder Logic.
Any Advice Would Be Helpfull
Thanks Tate

Can A S7200 226cpu Talk To A P.c. Using Ascii
Yes, in fact all S7-2XX PLCs can talk to a PC using ASCII.
What Hardware/ Software Do I Need
No software is needed, you only have to switch the programming port to Freeport mode. However, since the programming port uses the RS485 standard and a PC normally is equipped with a RS232 serial port, you willl need the programming cable (or any other data-driven RS232-RS485 converter) in between.
Also Would I Need Training, Or Is It Quite Simple To Program, I Am Conversent With Ladder Logic
I can't tell you if you need training or not, but on the Siemens site there's an example of an S7-200 program using a barcode reader I think. It's in the tips and tricks section, but I don't have the URL laying around here.

BTW. Your post would be much easier to read if you would use a capital only where it is needed and not on every single word.

Kind regards,

thanks for the advice, I have checked out tips & tricks, and there are a few examples that will get me started, thanks QUOTE=jvdcande]Yes, in fact all S7-2XX PLCs can talk to a PC using ASCII. No software is needed, you only have to switch the programming port to Freeport mode. However, since the programming port uses the RS485 standard and a PC normally is equipped with a RS232 serial port, you willl need the programming cable (or any other data-driven RS232-RS485 converter) in between. I can't tell you if you need training or not, but on the Siemens site there's an example of an S7-200 program using a barcode reader I think. It's in the tips and tricks section, but I don't have the URL laying around here.

BTW. Your post would be much easier to read if you would use a capital only where it is needed and not on every single word.

Kind regards,[/QUOTE]

hello
i have analyzer it out put port rs485 protocol ASCII
i want use s7 200 CPU 224 XP Receive Data From analyzer How to hardware in use?
Thank