Panelmate to GE Fanuc 90-30 Com Cable

dwaller67

Hi,

Does anyone have the schematic for building a com cable to connect a Panelmate Power Pro 1775T to a Ge Fanuc 90-30 plc? I know I can purchase one, but this is for a pet project so I'm trying to keep costs down. Thanks.

If you're going to use the 15-pin port on the 90-30 power supply:

PanelMate 90-30
9-pin 15-pin

1----------11
6----------10
4----------13
9----------12
+-8
|
+-14
+-6
|
+-15

Be sure to specify RS485 (or is it RS422?) in the PanelMate port setup.

I've run into two issues regarding communications between PanelMates and GE Fanuc 90-30s. First, the PanelMate SNP protocol driver's default parity setting is "None", while the PLC's default setting is "Odd".

Second, older versions of the PanelMate SNP driver required a value to be entered for the SNP ID. In the PLC, the SNP ID defaults to a null value. Newer versions of the driver fixed this, and I'm not sure at which version it happened. If you encounter this problem, you will need to enter a non-blank value in the PLC's CPU configuration. Note that a value of zero is not the same as no value. I hope that by bringing up the second issue I haven't totally confused things.