Energy Saving Project Consequences

Apel

Hi,
I have started the following posts during this project:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=40102

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=39557

What I can see are like these:(Cold room)
1.I bring down the compressor's run time from 20 hr/day to 18 hr/day
-----> The final product gets affected & Less production.
2.We try to use Water mist system on Condensing coil.
------>No change in KW and suction Pressures.
3.We changed TEX VALVE with higher rating(14TR replaced by 18TR)
------>No changes in Room temp and KW.
4.Duct systems looks very old and sweating.So we changed a portion of duct also, but that obviouly very small portion so we did not expect any saving.
------>No change of Cooling ,KW

The experiement we have not tried is to replaced air-cooled condensing system to water cooled system.But that cost too much and lot of work and I dont have experience about making water chiller.This project when I get started I had zero knowledge about HVAC system.Now get to know bit by bit.

One thing that I get confused:
In Present system I can see Evaporator temperature less than 5 Deg C and Cold room needs below 10 Deg C.So it should be sufficient to cool the room and I can see that the actual the room temperature is bellow 10 deg C.(7-10 deg C).
All I can see that Condensor output temperature is 50 Deg C.Compressor Suction 24 Deg C and Discharge temp is 80 Deg C.

If we change whole air cooled system by new water cooled system then how that will save energy?

Thanks in adavance.

I hope you realize that this is a "PLC" forum not a cooling system forum. Of course you may get a few to respond with such knowledge. It goes back to the old familiar saying..."using the right tool for the job".

its not that you think it is

jcallis2669 said:
I hope you realize that this is a "PLC" forum not a cooling system forum. Of course you may get a few to respond with such knowledge. It goes back to the old familiar saying..."using the right tool for the job".

Contradiction 1. You probably dont have idea about automation system, where it can be utilized..and how...(PLC is just small portion of it) much is the system itselt where PLC is used.

2.If your system is rated and optimized correctly controlling by PLC will not save anything.---that is what I realized here, not what you said.

Thanks anyway...if you feel sorry then me too sorry for that .

How am I "contradicting" you when you ask nothing about the automation process in your post? You must understand that you need to specify what want to accomplish using automation. There are no references to any PLC's or any type of automation. Are you asking what PLC will accomplish significant cost savings???? Are you asking what PLC will deliver the highest efficiency??? Please specify what you want from the forum, so the appropriate person can offer guidance and insight.

sorry

jcallis2669 said:
How am I "contradicting" you when you ask nothing about the automation process in your post? You must understand that you need to specify what want to accomplish using automation. There are no references to any PLC's or any type of automation. Are you asking what PLC will accomplish significant cost savings???? Are you asking what PLC will deliver the highest efficiency??? Please specify what you want from the forum, so the appropriate person can offer guidance and insight.

sorry for that.
One thing PLC dont save energy at all.You can solve it by idea/solution.That idea can be implemented logically by PLC to control run time of compressors or automatic day night temeperature control or automatic water mist control, it can be anything...just idea...that save energy if possibe.

Do you have any idea how we can save energy and by implementing using PLC. I am not asking about PLC function block, data block, ladder logic etc because that these things I know well, should be fine.

I am also posting in some other forum like refrigerarion-engineer.com , HVAC.com,...many others for relative idea to collect all and put into my automation package.

thank you