communication ETHERNET in siemense PLC

moody088

i have a network with S7-300 PLCs, and i want to connect them by using ETHERNET.
now how can i configure the simatic manager with ETHERNET ?
i mean what are steps i have to do in simatic manager to build this network ?
please i want in details.......

Your question is not quite clear to me. Anyway, for an ethernet communication you have three steps:
1. Configure hardware for all partners`
eth1.JPG

2. Configure network and connections for both partners
eth2.JPG

3. Program data exchange.
eth3.JPG

I hope it helps you.

Hi moody.

Clemens recommendations are pretty good.

Still, try to explain what you want to ultimately achieve, and exactly what PLC hardware you have at hand.

thank u clemens
yes that i want, i need these above steps in details for any two S7-300 PLCS ( especially the last step)
please ................and i will be happy if u help me:book:

Moody.

Just be aware that Clemens instructions are valid if you have a CP343-1 in each S7-300 station.
If you use CPU's with onboard PN ports, then it is not valid.

So they are "PN" CPUs then.
In that case, the easiest is to setup "S7 connections" in stead of "TCP connections".
And use the PUT and GET blocks in stead of AG_SEND and AG_RCV blocks.

sorry JesperMP
i didnt understand what u said.
because i am beginner in PLC communication
can u tell me in details ..........