Opc Server Bad Quality

siva_maddala

Dear All

Welcome to the automation world. I am siva writing this thread regarding OPC server bad quality. Recently we done one project for water transmission and distribution plant. the processor is CONTROLLOGIX 5000 1762 L62 PROCESSOR and SCADA is RSVIEW32. It is on control net communication. From last 6 months project is running smoothly on SCADA. Recently Some problem is comming in OPC SERVER.I opened and checked in RSlinx showing OPC SERVER BAD QUALITY and sometimes OPC SERVER COMMUNICATION ERROR . I dont know when it will hang the system. So before that i want to alert. So if anyone knows the solution for this can you please inform me immediately. I am so thankful to you. What are the precautions i have to take to Maintain OPC SERVER IN GOOD QUALITY. My maild id is [email protected],

Thanks and Regards
M.SIVA

There are a number of possible problems that could cause the error. If there were no recent changes to the system that could have caused an issue, I would start by checking the connections. I recently had a remote rack on a SLC system that started giving com errors and dropping out. It turned out to be a damaged connector. The cable had been pulled very hard during a cable pull to add some analog cables a few days earlier.

Good luck.