DeviceNet Spec help

jollylee

Hi all,

I am developing a diagnostic OPC based device for use with DeviceNet networks using an embedded network card.

To date my software attempts to open explicit message connections with all 64 possible network nodes in order to establish what devices exist on the network.

I would now like to determine if devices that reply are master/slave type devices using explicit messaging. I'm 80% sure I need to use service code 0x0E which asks for individual attributes. I'm very confused to the rest of the message contents.

Can anyone help? I'd really appreciate it. Reading the DeviceNer spec hurts my head!!

Similar Topics

Hi, I am looking to migrate some of our Electronic Overloads off of a Troublesome Devicenet Segment. Is there any documentation confirming the...
Replies
Views
We've run into an old system that we are upgrading which is still running Steeplechase with Citect using Devicenet to Wago. I had some experience...
Replies
Views
Sigh, DeviceNet noob... I have a 1756-L55, with a DeviceNet module, and 10 PF700 all commanded with DeviceNet. One of the PF700's blew up...
Replies
Views
Good day Forum Members I got a older Lincoln welder and hoping to make it work at our shop. Welder in question is the Lincoln Power Wave 455M...
Replies
Views
Hello Friends We have 10 Powerfocus 4000 with DeviceNet, We need to backup the configuration, the Powerfocus is detected but as unrecognized...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom