Fix32 Key

specialkc

I just built a machine to run a fix32 appliction on it, and can't seem to get the key installed. I installed FIX32 V7 no problem and can run it in demo mode (2 hours), but that is all.

I have two keys(dongles) here and from what I am told they still work. How do I install the key or get the fix32 softare to see the key so I can run the licensed/run time version??

Thanks in advance guys!

On the machines I have, the keys or Hardlocks have to match the serial number of the license installed on the machine. The hardlock won't work unless the license is installed first.

Check parallel port in the bios. May be set up wrong. I never had any issues with the many FIX systems having to pay attention to serial numbers. As long as tag count was OK.

George

Make sure that the keys were registered to be used with the same version software.
(What key are you using? The Rainbow technologies (Aqua Blue) one or the white one?
They are different, but your parallel port should identify the key, regardless.

GE support is willing to help, on an instance basis as well.
They got me out of a pickle some time ago, and upgraded my parallel keys to USB for no-charge.

Maybe that is the better route to go.

I ran into a similar situation several years ago. I installed Fix32 from a new CD and tried using an old key. Would not work.
When GE bought Intellution, they changed the dongles from Rainbow to Hasp.
So if you have a GE issued CD, the software is looking for a Hasp key (which are slightly smaller and white). The Rainbow keys are green. I had to contact GE and they sent me a different .dll that would work with the older key.

In the old days if you upgraded your license, they had to send you a new key, the Hasp keys are flashable, that's why the change was made.

Ken