Wonderware ActiveFactory Connection Problem

Doodie

Hello 1st post so sorry if i am in the wrong place

I am trying to connect to a machine running Insql 8. I add the server info in the server pane in active factory and try to connect and then get the message "specified cast is not valid"

Any Ideas please.

If you need more info to help let me know

cheers

I'm not familiar with the specific error you're getting but, usually the only 2 things you have to do is enter in IP address for SQL server and enter username and password for logging into SQL.

The username/password default is wwUser, wwUser. On older systems, I think the default was wwuser, wwuser.

Hello and thanks for reply
I have tried ip address and machine name and all default user names and passwords (wwUser, WwwAdmin wwPower and wwdbo) all give the same "specified cast is not valid"
but once again thanks