Wonderware pulling from Access database

micky

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've got an application where I need Wonderware to pull data from an access data table. I need it to pull data every minute from the last record of the database. I've figured out how to write a record to an access table but am having trouble going the other way. Any help is appreciated.

I've got wondeware connected to the database and a binding list created. Then I use ResultCode2=SQLSelect(ConnectionID,"RiceData","LogTable", "",""); to pull the table into memory then use ResultCode3=SQLLast(ConnectionID); to read the last record. I still haven't figured out how to pull data from each column of the record yet.

I contacted wonderware and they sent me an updated supplemental componets user guide, it has just what I am trying to accomplished covered. The one I had has only 56 pages the one they sent has 226 pages. Will post back if I dont figure it out.

Micky

Ok i've looked at the manual but it still doesn't work, I must be missing something somewheres

I have this script that runs when the app starts up

SQLConnect(ConnectionID,"DSN=ConnectionID");

I have the connection made through ODBC and it connects to the database.

Then I have this script that runs when the $Second changes

{Connects to database and pulls table into memory then selects first record and then disconnects}
SQLSelect( ConnectionID,"Tanks","Tanks", "","");
SQLFirst( ConnectionID );
SQLEnd( ConnectionID );

Is there something else that I am forgetting?

I have table1(pen,group) in deneme.mdb .
I only want to list different groups .
TABLE1
[pen] [group]
pen1 group1
pen2 group2
pen3 group1
pen4 group2

I couldn't write the distinct because I don't know where I can use it.
as you know "select distinct field1 from table1" is used this . and I have not found anything about distinct in documents of wonderware.

anyway,

Thanks you for your hot interest.