new learner of step5 s/w need help.......

swapnil

hi everyone,
i m now working with siemmens plc ,,,having step5 programming s/w,,,,
i m completely ignorant to this s/w as it has block progrmming,,
before this i was working with one plc which had ladder programming only ,,,,
i just want to ask the experienced persons that what should be my approach to learn this new proggraming,don't tell me to go through the help,,b'coz i m going to do that only ,but i want something more,
like some tricks to learn it fast,,some thumb rules,,some tips which will help me learn this ,,,,

And i know the professionals/experienced persons out there surely know all these tricks,,and will surely guide me...

thanks
swapnil

swapnil said:
hi everyone,
i m now working with siemmens plc ,,,having step5 programming s/w,,,,
i m completely ignorant to this s/w as it has block progrmming,,
before this i was working with one plc which had ladder programming only ,,,,

Swapnil

What do you mean by 'block programming'? Do you mean the blocks for the program structure (OB's PB's FB's DB's etc) or do you mean programming in CSF (control system flow)?

You can program Step 5 in ladder if you wish, as the programming 'language' is selectable (LAD, CSF and STL).

If it is the case that you want to learn CSF why not write a rung in LAD and then convert it to CSF to see what it looks like, then practice doing some in CSF and check that you have them right by converting it to LAD.

Give it a go and if you need any more help then come back here with for your questions

Paul

thanks plucas & seppoalanen

thank fro givien me web site,,,,,,,
by the way i meant csf programming,,,,,,,
thanks

The topic doesn't belong to this forum, but I need the WinCC Demo

Thanks to all those that can provide me the information and the program