Lineal Pots in an Industrial Envir

Xian

Howdy all,

I'm just looking for information on industrial uses of lineal potentiometers. We have a machine that is subject to occasional blasts of water (usually during cleanup) and high temp (>90 degrees C)

Does anyone have any experience with a particularly good brand for this situation? Ours is from Penny+Giles and is rated IP66 but still seems subjectable to water/humidity/heat even though it is within spec limits. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Christian

I have very good experiences with these guy's
www.hartogs.net
The promote hat the can make everything water, temp, pressure prove.

I use a potmeter from them in an outside situation, the also cleaan the potmeter a lot with a high pressure hose (200 Bar). Didn't break down yet, it's in please for a little bit more than one year now.

Thanks for the info guys. The main thing is that we were going to add bellows to protect them (and still may), but am I wrong in thinking that if they are rated for this environment they should be able to handle it day in and day out?

It's been a nightmare trying to locate bellows with a small OD to match the pot body (3/4").

We just replaced one a week ago and now the same one has developed a spot during the stroke where it is inconsistant

aaarrrggghhhh!!!!