Compactlogix on Ethernet network

shoeb

Is it possible to connect a CompactLogix L43 in a ethernet network; directly with other Compactlogix L43? How?

Please find the attached configuration.

Last edited:
I would say as long as you are not trying to pass time sensitive i/o between the two plcs, it should be just fine.

However, I am not sure about your ControlNet configuration on the left side; can you have redundant connections to just one i/o block and not all? Someone with more experience with ControlNet configuration may be able to confirm it.

Yeah the ControlNet config on the left is invalid. You cannot have "some" redundancy. All devices must have redundant connections or no devices can have it.

Alternatively, give that ControlLogix chassis two ControlNet cards. Then connect the redundant network to one, and the non-redundant to the other.

The diagram is a little grainy and I don't see any CompactLogix in there, but the ControlLogix on ethernet looks valid. CompactLogix wouldn't connect any differently to the ethernet.

The two computers at the top do not need to be connected as they are though. Just connect each to one switch. The switches are connected together so there is no need for each PC to be connected to both switches .

OG