Dynamic Orifice Valve?

It sounds a bit like the rubber pinch valves sometimes used on cyclones to control the particle size cut in the mining industry. I have seen them a few times and they work OK.
Roy

Ive had a change to look at one of the prototypes at a show, and its an iris like on a camera (steel of course). It seemed to have good flow control. Ive never seen an iris act as a valve tho. They sure would be great tho, as with a diffy transducer they are flow meters and control valves, all in one tiny little package (they output the orifice size as a 4-20)! The price they were talking about is less then I pay for just a wuakee flow meter now, let alone a port valve and an actuator. So, im must say, im excited to try one out. THanks

matt

I haven't dealt with one of those in particular, but we have a couple flow control valves from Dennison Hydraulics that we use to control hydraulic flow and they work pretty nice. They have a built in closed loop control so they stay at the same position reguardless of pressure or flow changes. Ours is rather big though, I think its 2 or 3" inside diameter and is rated for 6000psi.