WinCC shifting decimal point

Jeebs

Hi,

Been trying to do this for half a day now and can't get my head around it.
I'm using WinCC (the big one) to read out some data from an OPC server.
Data on this server is 3rd party and cannot be changed.
Data on this server is configured as 32 bit integers.
However, some of those need to be represented as reals.
For example: 9225 should be represented as 92,25.

In WinCC Flex it would be simple. Just shift the decimal place on the output field and done. In WinCC it ain't that simple it seems.

Anyone know how to accomplish this with no scripting? Ain't a PLC connected to it so can't be done in the PLC either.

Brain just doesn't wanna work on mondays it seems....

Thnx

Jeebs

Hi
Dont know about WinCC but in other scada type packages for numeric displays I have had to use 'YOURPOINT / 100.00'
to achieve this, and display as a real.

Maybe a WinCC person will be along soon.

Yes, that's a classic one in WinCC...

The best way I know is a dynamic dialog on the input/output, tag/100.0 and Direct data type..

That should do it..

Last edited:
I was so close, yet so far......

I tried tag/100,0 but it needed to be tag/100.0

Some software needs , others need .
Heck even in WinCC itself it uses both. On output format it shows 999,99. While the formula requires 100.00

So confusing. But glad it's working now.

Thanks.

Last edited: