PCMCIA garbled driver identifier. Is the port defective ?

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi.

I cant get my AB PCMK card and also my Siemens CP5511 cards to work in my laptop.
I try to install the drivers for them. Upon insertion, a dialog tells me that it looks for the driver for "AL-EN URADLEY 178P-PC3K" in stead of "ALLEN BRADLEY 1784-PCMK" (or something like that).
Same for the Siemens card "SI?ATIW NQ3 CPG5?1" in stead of "SIMATIC NET CP5511". I cannot install any driver for the cards.

Has anyone seen anything like that ?
I hope (faintly) that it is just a driver problem or something like that. I have no other choice than getting a new laptop if the PCMCIA port is busted. Just the mere thought of reinstalling all that software !
:cry:

JesperMP said:
Hi.

I cant get my AB PCMK card and also my Siemens CP5511 cards to work in my laptop.
I try to install the drivers for them. Upon insertion, a dialog tells me that it looks for the driver for "AL-EN URADLEY 178P-PC3K" in stead of "ALLEN BRADLEY 1784-PCMK" (or something like that).
Same for the Siemens card "SI?ATIW NQ3 CPG5?1" in stead of "SIMATIC NET CP5511". I cannot install any driver for the cards.

Has anyone seen anything like that ?
I hope (faintly) that it is just a driver problem or something like that. I have no other choice than getting a new laptop if the PCMCIA port is busted. Just the mere thought of reinstalling all that software !
:cry:

Thats really strange. WAQ a language issue? Operating system?

http://rockwellautomation.custhelp....yBhbmQgV2luZG93cyB2aXN0YQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1

Last edited:
It sounds like a bad slot to me. I had a pc with one bad slot and it the message was that it had located a pcmk card from an unknown vendor and needed to install drivers. On the other slot it would recognize the card right away.

Where you are having problems with cards from two different vendors, I would suspect the slot. Do you have another P.C. you can try the card on? Or another card to try in suspected bad slot?

OS is Win XP Pro SP2.
Language of the OS is US-English.
If I insert the card in another laptop, it works OK.
In my laptop the problem is with both an AB and a Siemens card.
And there is only the one PCMCIA slot in the laptop.
It does not look good.

Thanks for you suggestions.