AB Ethernet Tutorial ---- I need One Bad

elitheei

Hey Guys,
I am a laid off ole school bit banger and every where I go they want Ethernet experience. I have none. Will someone point me toward a tutorial. I got 25 years in writting programs but just never done ethernet. I need to know how to simple two - three controllers on a network, and what to set in the laptop. This old vet is in a bind and running out of options. One of you young guns pls school me ... and if you are every down my way I'll buy you a beer.

Pls ploint me to some reading or a web site if you don't mind. I aint look for a hand out ... just hand up.
Dog

Maybe if you told us which processor you have and how they are connected. Someone can give you more specific help.

Thanks for all the help guys. This is the place to come when you are in a ditch. It amazes me how people will reach out to a fellow brother. Many thanks. The ole man will never be a good as good as ya'll young guns ... :)

elitheei said:
The ole man will never be a good as good as ya'll young guns ... :)
Not true, where do you think we learn?

Mickey is probably one of the sharpest and I'm not sure he would say he's has passed the young gun to ole man transition...at least I'm not saying it ;)

elitheei said:
Thanks for all the help guys. This is the place to come when you are in a ditch. It amazes me how people will reach out to a fellow brother. Many thanks. The ole man will never be a good as good as ya'll young guns ... :)

elitheei,
With the B-Day you posted you are just a kid.

Thanks TW ( I think?)