inputs - data - outputs

DeHulk

in our factory we need to move an operation panel for a rather long distance !
is there a way to do this with only using a date cable from the old operation panel to the new one ! Like normally done by ET200 ? but i need a stand-alone system ! no plc

what kind of panel? A touch screen? A pushbutton/lamp station? How far of a distance?

If a touch screen, just extend your network cable.

If a PB/lamp console - depending on the number of conductors in your cable - just make the cable longer.

I think what may suit your purpose, is something I used a couple years ago. Omron has a B7A remote unit.

One can wire ones input devices up to the transmitter, and it sends them over a 3 wire cable to a receiver. Then one hooks up the output from the receiver to the inputs of whatever your panel was controlling.

I used it to control two identical light panels, from one switch box.
We went approx 200m with the cable, and it still works great. The 4 wire cable plus the B7A units cost less than the 20 conductor cable we would have needed.

Last edited:
it's a a pushbutton/lamp station ! the reason is cause there are a lot of cables and they get burned often cause we are talking about a steelplant

How is the I/O connected to the PLC? Directly to the rack or via device net or another comm protocol?

If it is device net you could just relocate it and lengthen the DN cable which would not be large at all. And it would be easy to protect. Also, if you have devicenet available you could reprogram the plc by adding new i/o via devicenet in parellel with the existing i/o.

this would be the normal option but at this point we need it to do it in this way !
or just make the cables longer or using a system from exicsting panel to new panel

Dupline

I don't know why more people don't use Dupline for
applications like this.

A single twisted cable between stations, and up to
256 buttons or lights at each end.

Fast, cheap, and been around forever.

Carlo Gavazzi

Dupline?
First I,ve heard it metioned here.
We use it extensively in Underground coalmining for gas monitoring, Conveyor pullwire monitoring. Utilising analog and digital capabilities.
Have runs of several km through the pit. Controls tripping of power in high gas situations.
Inputs to a SLC500 for real time gas level monitoring.
Components appear to have high reliability.
Can be added to like leggo.
256 switches ?
Ours is a 128 switch system. All intrinsically safe.
Reletively easy to understand and fault find.