iFix driver overruns

Marshy

Hi,

We want to pass some some status info from one PLC (Alspa serial) to another PLC (S5 ethernet)
We've achieved this by chaining a DA block with a DO block. The DA block is using a G90 driver and the DO block an SL4 driver.

Even though the DO block value isn't changing we are getting a lot of overuns on the SL4 driver, is this something to do with the SAC scan? Is there a better way of doing this without causing overruns?

The scan rate of the DA block is 1 sec. When I view the stats in the SL4 i/o driver the transmit/recieves are going up around 4 every second. If I put the chained block off scan the transmit/recieves go up 1 every second and I don't get any overuns, as I would expect, as all the other blocks in that datablock are set to 1 second.

Cheers