s7 300 memory reset

benji

i did perform a clear/reset memory via STEP 7 in online mode but i can still see blocks inside the plc,it dont seem to be deleted
ob1 is the same and many system blocks too
i tried the mres also and it doesnt work,,any clue?

Use the online view in Simatic manager then select the blocks you wish to delete then press delete. You cannot delete system blocks.

the ob1 just doesnt go empty ,,

isnt this the way to go?
plc >> diagnostics/settings >> Clear/reset

what memory does this clear? is it the card? how can i download to the card?

thanks for help

Hi All

Is there a way to reset an S7 back to default settings.

Lets say you set up a MPI port as a DP and now yiu want to set it back to DP but do not have a DP dongle.Is this possible or is the only way to get online via DP and then change the settings to MPI.

Just asking as it is now a million miles away from this question.

Donnchadh K.

As far as I know it depends on the PLC. If you do a Memory Reset one inmediately after another, the interface should be set to MPI for most S7 I've used.

Hi Donnchadh

It depends on what you have on the card.

If you reset without the card, the IF will be set to the default MPI; but if you have a hardware configuration on your card, as soon as you restrat the PLC, you'll get the configuration that is stored on the card.

So if you want to know, test it first without the card.

I hope this helps.

What if you leave the MMC card in the CPU during the reset, doesnt it get reset too ?

I believe I saw something once that if there is a corrupted image on the MMC it couldnt be reset in a CPU, only in a prommer. And this I guess is an indirect way of saying that if there is a valid configuration on it, then it will be reset if you perform a reset by means of the MRES switch.

Hi Jesper,

As far as I know the MMC card in the CPU is not reset with a CPU Memory Reset. You are right. If the mmc card is corrupted, you must reset it with a programming unit.

whats the difference between a warm restart and cold restart?
i did read some about this but its not clear to me yet
and how do i perform a cold restart?

Warm restart and cold restart exist only for the S7-400. The cold restart (or complete restart) resets the process image and all non-remanent signals of the CPU. With a warm restart you "continue" processing the program where it was when the CPU was stopped. So no signals are reset.

You perform a complete or cold restart via an additional switch on the CPU or by hardware configuration.

I hope it helps.