ABB ACS800 over Devicenet

satkin

Hi all

I am trying to get a ABB ACS800 communicating over devicenet to a clogix platform. The ABB interface is an RDNA-01.

I can get the ABB basic assemblies working (100/101).

Unfortuneately we need more information so I have tried explicit messaging.

The ABB manual provides the following info for explicit messaging.

• Class 144 (90h)
  • Instance (Parameter Group) i.e. Group 20 would be 20.
  • Attribute (Parameter Index) i.e. 01 would be 01
So for example if I wanted to read the max speed limit it would be

• Class 144 (90h)
  • Instance (Parameter Group) i.e. 20.
  • Attribute (Parameter Index) i.e. 02 would be 02

The message type is CIP generic.

The service type ‘Get Attribute Single’.

The MSG instruction fails with error code is16# 0013 and text description is ‘Configuration data size too short’.

I have spoke to Rockwell and agree with them that it sounds like a data size mismatch but I am not 100% sure,

Has anyone got any examples, would be really helpful!

As I reached a dead end with this I have tried to get the user defined assemblies 102/103 to work, but even following the manual I cannot seem to link the I/O words to the required paramters in the drive.

Any suggestions on this would be helpful also.

I have spoken numerous times to ABB and there doesnt really seem to be anyone that knows in detail about this stuff!

We are using explicit messaging to read running current without any problems. - Class 90(h), Instance 1, Attribute 4(h).
Our destination tag is an INT rather than a DINT. This might be your problem if you are using the default data type for your tag.
Andybr.

Andybr

Thanks mate, I will try it on a different instance with a known data type and take it from there, I gather you are just using a standard MSG instruction type 'CIP Generic' with a service type of 'Get Attribute Single'

Thanks

Satkin.

Yes the message is exactly as you described. We are using this on four different ACS800's and have no problems at all. Overall I am very impressed with these drives.
Andybr.

Andybr

Well the plot thickens, the drive we originally couldnt get it to work has been fitted and controlled by hardwire at moment, I have fixed up a temporary drive out of stores and it worked first time. I did notice on the original drive we were getting identity errors (Incorrect EDS??) on device net (but it was still communicating) maybe it had something to do with that?

Thanks

Satkin