.ACC addressing

yottaflux

I've been learning basic PLC programming for a few weeks now and I need to create a circuit where 2 lights need to turn on and off.

The first light is on in 2 sec and off at 9. The second light comes on at 7 sec and off at 15. I can only use one timer (timer on) I have the timer preset to 16 with an XIO in series addressed with the timers done bit so it will reset.

The problem is that if I use an address for a contact in series with a light like T4:0.ACC/2 then the contact would activate in binary. How can I address a contact using accumulated bits to activate and deactivate within a certain time period?

Once again I can only use 1 timer.

I also don't want to create a huge logic mess of ANDing and ORing .ACC contacts

Also, I'm using micrologix 1000 and RSLogix500. Thanks