Interface 1761-NET-ENI problem

manasi

Dear All

I am trying to connect micro logix 1200 on ethernet. For that i am using 1761-NET-ENI series-D. I have downloaded new ip address to ENI-ROM. Now link LED is green and fault LED is off. But when I browse the network in RSlinx classic with ethernet driver it shows unrecongined device.
Please advise me the exact procedure of ip configuration.

I want to assign ip to ENI is 192.168.0.16 and sub net mask as 255.255.255.0

Thanks & regards

Manasi

If the RSLinx browse shows only a yellow question mark, then all you need to do is download and register the Electronic Data Sheet for the 1761-NET-ENI/D. This is a file that informs RSLinx about the device, including what little icon to display and how to route messages through it.

You can search the RA EDS database, or just download the file directly from this link:

http://www.ab.com/networks/eds/cgi-bin/detail.pl?file=EN/0001000C00630300.eds

Use the RSLinx Hardware Installation Tool to register the EDS file. Start -> Programs -> Rockwell Software -> RSLinx -> Tools -> RSLinx Hardware Installation Tool.

If RSLinx shows a yellow question mark with a red X over it, then RSLinx can't communicate with the 1761-NET-ENI at all and you have a more fundamental problem with your PC and the -ENI's IP addresses and subnet masks.

When you install new versions of RSLinx, a database full of EDS files is installed too. That's why the solution to missing EDS files is often to update RSLinx Classic. It's easier and faster to just install the one EDS file in this case.

NET ENI problem

Make sure the NET-ENI has a fixed baud rate and the channel 0 port is set to full duplex with matching parameters (baud, protocol, error checking, etc...).