Shift Registo

mbinzain

HI TO ALL
I WANT TO CONNECT DIGTAL ENCODER TO DIGTAL INPUT MODULE S7-300 TO CONTROL THE FOLLOWING:

as shown in the attached file i want to make program that is control the coneyor motor with 2 photot cell and one encoder the motor is running and pull the product when it pass to the photo cells the 2 sensor gives signal for good size product and if it is small size only down side cell will give sigal and that product it will be registored as bad product and when it reach the pusher it will be rejected ( counting by encoder signal )

any one has information please help

Leza

Leza,
How can we help? What information do you need to solve this problem?

If you search for Bit shift registers, you will find a lot of similar PLC programs that use encoders to track packages. It requires a sensor that detects a package POSITION and inserts a bit into a Shift-Register. The Shift Register is a sequential series of memory locations, length set to match length of conveyor. Each time the conveyor moves 1 Increment (100 milimeters, 1 meter, whatever units needed), the Encoder causes the Shift Register to move 1 Bit position, thus "tracking" the movement of the package. When the bad package arrives at the Pusher (determined by monitoring the bit in the Shift register that corresponds to the physical distance between Pusher and sensor location), you trigger an output to push it off.

Perhaps this thread will help you understand Shift Registers.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/search.php?searchid=1059574

Last edited: