Using HMI(WinCCFlex) time in the PLC.

Rich Rich

Is there a way of using the time from the HMI, WinCCFlex in this case to trigger time related events in the code?

I'm currently trying to trigger logging events in the code but i want to avoid using the PLC time as its prone to drift.

I've looked all around and using a script looks promising but the Setbit function isnt giving me any joy at all, i just need to toggle a bit every time the HMI clock hits midnight.

Hi Rich.

First, as usual, describe what you want to ultimately achieve. Just so that we start off in the right direction.

Also, describe the hardware exactly. The PLC may be prone to drifting but the HMI may loose the time completely ! (all the panels with the "super capacitor" as the only backup cannot keep the time over the shutdown over a weekend for example).
And you may adjust the drift of the PLC clock with the "correction factor" in the HW Config.

Thanks for the speedy replies, sorry if i was vague.

The ultimate goal is to trigger code which moves equipment values into a log in a Siemens PLC, this is to be done every day at 00.00, the reason for wanting HMI time is to remove the need to correct the PLC time, since the client will just correct the HMI clock but wont have any access to the PLC.

EDIT: Schedule works perfect, saved me a bit of donkey work also!

Last edited: